E-Series Controller Firmware 8.xx
E5500 running prior to 08.25.14.00 firmware.
• E5600 running prior to 08.25.14.00, or prior to 08.30.40.00 firmware, or 08.40.00.00 firmware.
• E5700 running 08.40.00.00 firmware.
When performing one of the following reconfigure operations on a volume group containing ARVM mirrors with PI enabled and a controller that supports multicore, the reconfigure operation can result in PI Reftag errors that lead to failed drives, failed volumes and failed reconfigure operations. Due to the volume failure during reconfiguration, the only way to recover is to delete the volume group. The data cannot be recovered by recreating the configuration.
Affected Reconfigure Operations:
- Dynamic Capacity Expansion (DCE)
- Dynamic Volume Expansion (DVE)
- Dynamic Segment Sizing (DSS)
- Dynamic RAID Migration (DRM)
The following conditions must exist:
- The system is running one of the platforms and affected releases listed in the Environment section (Multiple Core platform's only)
- Volume Groups contain ARVM mirrors with PI enabled
- A DCE, DVE, DSS, DRM, or Defrag reconfigure operation occurs on a Volume Group with PI enabled and ARVM mirrors
- Traditional Volumes (DDP is not affected)