- ONTAP 9.4 - ONTAP 9.7
- One or more DP relationships being converted to SVM DR relationships
- Some source volumes do not need to be replicated for DR, and are being excluded.
- When converting Volume Replication relationships (DP relationships) to SVM DR relationships, it is necessary to modify un-needed volumes, setting them as
- If the un-needed volumes are not set as
snapmirror resyncrequired for converting to SVM DR will fail.
- To mark un-needed volumes as unprotected, we use the vol modify command.
- After upgrading to ONTAP 9.4, when vol modify is used to set a volume's
unprotected, the command fails with the message:
Error: command failed: Failed to modify the protection type of the volume [volume name.] Reason: entry doesn't exist.