- ONTAP 8.3
- ONTAP 9.1 and later
- SVM Disaster Recovery (SVM DR)
- Reactivating the original source SVM
- Qtree exists in destination SVM root volume, but did not originate from source SVM
- Qtree was created in ONTAP 8.3, or earlier
- During the SVM re-activation phase of a SVM DR, snapmirror resync is run on the original source SVM to replicate changes from the activated destination SVM.
- The snapmirror resync results in an error. In this example, SVM_Prod is the name of the SVM where we are running the
Failed to apply the source Vserver configuration. Reason: Apply failed for Object: root_direct_mounts Method: baseline. Reason: Failed to create qtree "vol" on Vserver "SVM_Prod" in root volume, since a file or directory exists with the same name. Delete the file or directory, and then run "snapmirror resync -destination-path SVM_Prod:"
delete the file or directoryrefers to a qtree named "vol" on the original SVM DR destination, not the production SVM that is being re-activated.
- The qtree referenced in the error message is not present in the original source SVM's root volume.