Why is Snapmirror Destination volume space usage less than Source volume?
ONTAP 9.3 or later
- Starting with ONTAP 9.3, SnapMirror extended data protection (XDP) mode replaces SnapMirror data protection (DP) mode as the SnapMirror default.
- The data transferring via XDP will use Logical replication with storage efficiency (LRSE).
- The replication engine of LRSE only transfers the difference between two Snapshot copies from the primary to the secondary.
- This incremental-only transfer leads to savings in terms of storage and network bandwidth.
- For more details of LRSE, refer to TR-4015 SnapMirror Configuration and Best Practices Guide for ONTAP 9
volume moveuse the replication engine of LRSE as well that triggers the same condition.