- ONTAP 9
- Before SnapMirror relationships create a pull bitmap as part of a transfer, ONTAP always checks if the old bitmap from previous transfers still exists.
- If the previous transfer's pull bitmap exists, ONTAP deletes it to ensure we do not read stale data.
- If the pull bitmap from a previous transfer does not exist, the following log is printed:
repl_writer::ReplOpStore::unlink():264 : file /vol/<vol_name>/lrseTmp/PullBuffer/LRSE_PULL_BITMAP does not exist
- In most cases, it is expected that the previous transfer's pull bitmap does not exist and thus this is a completely expected and normal trace log to see.
- This log does not indicate a problem with the SnapMirror relationship.