- Data ONTAP systems correctly configured for SnapMirror transfers
- There are one or more firewalls between the source and destination
- Volume SnapMirror (VSM) and Qtree SnapMirror (QSM) can be similarly affected
- Messages are logged in
/etc/messagesor on the console:
Wed Jan 1 08:00:00 EST [SM-SOURCE: replication.src.err:error]: SnapMirror: source transfer from vol_data to SM_DEST:vol_mirror : transfer failed.
Wed Jan 1 07:00:00 CST [SM-DEST:replication.dst.err:error]: SnapMirror: destination transfer from SM-SOURCE:vol_data to vol_mirror : replication transfer failed to complete.
- The following messages are recorded in
src Wed Jan 1 08:00:00 EST SM-SOURCE:vol_data SM-DEST:vol_mirror Abort (Transfer failed)
dst Wed Jan 1 07:00:00 CST SM-SOURCE:vol_data SM-DEST:vol_mirror Abort (replication transfer failed to complete)
- At the same time, other transfers that use the same source and destination pair are successful.
- Transfers using the same source and different destinations, or different sources and the same destination, are also successful.
- The failed transfer might appear to have normal throughput at the start of the transfer but slow down or decrease throughput until it eventually fails.
- The failed transfer might appear to transfer the same amount of data during each attempt.