- clustered Data ONTAP 8.3
- ONTAP 9
- The "full mesh" cluster peer requirement states all InterCluster LIF(s) in a cluster must have connectivity to the peer cluster.
- This requirement can cause problems in an environment with clusters on multiple, disconnected networks.
- The requirement changes to be per-IPSpace in clustered Data ONTAP 8.3.1 and later.
- A cluster peer only requires InterCluster LIF(s) in a specified IPSpace to have connectivity to a peer cluster.
- IPSpaces can therefore be used to specify which InterCluster LIF(s) are used in a cluster peer relationship.