- Logical Replication with Storage Efficiency (LRSE)
- Logical Replication (LRE)
- Extended compressed data is a combination of AFF or modern FAS platforms, ONTAP 9.5 or later, adaptive compression with application IO size 8K, and data compaction.
- If a source volume uses Extended compressed data, the destination must be running ONTAP 9.5 or later for SnapMirror to maintain storage efficiency savings (LRSE), regardless of the destination's storage efficiency settings.
- If the destination is running ONTAP 9.4 or earlier, LRE will be used. For more details, see BUG 1277896.
- Since extended compressed data includes adaptive compression, enabling on a SnapMirror destination volume will result in an LRE transfer.