- ONTAP 9.4+
- It is possible to create SVM-DR identity-preserve true relationships but it is not supported
identity-preserve truerelationships are only supported for migration and It is mandatory to release the relationship afterworlds
- The dual
identity-preserve truerelationships can cause data corruption and data loss
- Starting with ONTAP 9.4, you can fan-out SVM-DR to two destinations only
- By default, only one
identity-preserve truerelationship is allowed per one SVM.
- If you have two relationships with
identity-preserve trueoption, if you try to create a third fan-out relationship with or without identity-preserve the relationship will fail with the following error message:
Error: command failed: Failed to create Vserver relationship information. Reason: Source Vserver "vserver" is in a msid preserving DR relationship, but the specified destination Vserver was created earlier than Data ONTAP 9.0,and so does not support an msid preserving relationship. All the relationships must be of the same type. Delete and recreate the destination Vserver, and then try the command again.
- The ONTAP is checking for the amount of identity preserve relationships. In the current state, they are > 0. This is triggering the message because they are actually two relationships with the identity state true. This is why the printed message is showing, no matter the new relationship identity request.
- As that is supported to have only two fan-out relationships for DP purposes, they can be:
- Can I use Fan-out to migrate an Identity preserve SVM DR to a new Cluster?
- SVM DR can not create the second destination relationship