What types of volumes are supported for SnapDiff?
- ONTAP 9
- SnapDiff v1 and v2 are supported for FlexVols in ONTAP 9.9.1 and earlier
- SnapDiff v2 is required for FlexGroup volumes in ONTAP 9.4 through ONTAP 9.9.1, inclusive
- Attempts to use SnapDiff v1 against FlexGroup volumes will fail
- For more information about SnapDiff v1 and FlexGroup volumes, see When performing a SnapDiff incremental backup of a FlexGroup volume, Spectrum Protect fails with "SnapDiff version 1 is not supported for Flexgroup" Check with your backup application vendor if you are unsure about what SnapDiff version they support.
- SnapDiff v3 supports FlexVols and FlexGroups in ONTAP 9.8 and later and is the only supported version of SnapDiff in ONTAP 9.10.1 and later