- SnapCenter Plug-in for SQL
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Exchange
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Windows
- In some circumstances, you may need to uninstall/re-install the plug-in services and software without removing the host from the SnapCenter UI or CMDLET, to avoid the loss of restorability of the existing backups done on that plug-in host.
- Removing the host and re-adding the host from SnapCenter 4.1.1P1 GUI or PowerShell CMDLET will re-add the host with a different host id in the SnapCenter metadata 'NSM' database: all previously taken backups will be associated with the old host id and not the new one.
- In order to avoid this issue, do not remove the host from the GUI or PowerShell, but follow the procedure in this article.
- This article describes the procedure to manually remove old installations of any Windows Plug-in host services and to install SnapCenter Plug-in for Windows and SMCORE again, from within the plug-in host itself.