How to run more than 36 NDMP jobs on a vserver-scope cluster
- ONTAP 9
- NDMP operating in vserver scope
- Data Management Application (DMA) is using the NDMP Cluster Aware Backup (CAB) extension
- A multi-node cluster, with >= 24 GB memory on each node, is unable to run more than 36 simultaneous NDMP backups.
- With 36 NDMP backup jobs active, additional jobs fail with the message
maximum number of NDMP processes (36) forked. Cannot accept connection from IP address...'
- When 36 NDMP sessions are active, the NDMP server will not allocate additional sessions
- On the backup application side, messages such as
server connection to file server...failed, or
socket connection failedappear