- Autosupport Message: METROCLUSTER AUTOMATIC UNPLANNED SWITCHOVER COMPLETE
- ONTAP 9
What does the autosupport message "METROCLUSTER AUTOMATIC UNPLANNED SWITCHOVER" mean?
This message is a confirmation that an automated unplanned switchover has been completed.
The most common scenarios leading to a switchover are:
- Loss of power
- Loss of connectivity to storage backend
- A hardware issue
- A software issue
What actions do I need to take?
- Verify if a support case is open with NetApp
- Please contact NetApp Technical Support and reference this article for further assistance.
How to find the cause?
Perform the following steps:
- Perform healing of the aggregates and root aggregates, and boot the failed node(s)
- Verify the root cause of the automated unplanned switchover before attempting a switchback
For assistance with troubleshooting or any further assistance, contact NetApp Technical Support.