ESXi hosts may lose connection to LUNs after MetroCluster switchover/switchback due to bug CSCve72490
- Last Updated:
- ONTAP 9
- Cisco MDS switches
- NX-OS 6.2(19)/6.2(23)
When doing an MCC switchover or switchback, ESXi hosts may lose connection to (boot) LUNs, and need to be rebooted to recover access.
- The LIF extended status post Switchover was seen as "FDISC error - ID could not be acquired for this virtual port".
- event log show -messagename scsitarget.ispfct.configChanged
- No such events could be seen.
- Following errors could be seen on the Cisco Switch.
- `show flogi internal event-history errors`
Event:E_DEBUG, length:115, at 289702 usecs after Tue Jun 19 15:56:40 2018
 NS config failed. Err 0x4025000d registration failed, interface fc1/2, vsan 100, pwwn
- `show fcns internal errors`
Event:E_DEBUG, length:177, at 289527 usecs after Tue Jun 19 15:56:40 2018 ns_reg_port_name(261): OTH: Trying to register duplicate port name for port-id 0xb20162 Existing entry's detail: pWWN , fWWN
No Duplicate Port Id or FCID could be seen from FLOGI Database