- The evicter maintains free space in the local cache for new data.
- By default, eviction maintains local cache utilization at 90%.
- Oldest data "slab" is evicted first.
A notice-level message is logged when data younger than 30 days is evicted.
May 19 09:26:07 localhost rfsd: [evicter.NOTICE] (24411) evicted slab 0x8de09d0000; had been in evicter for 299062 seconds; instime=1463314903
- This slab was 299062 seconds old (3.46 days) when it was evicted.
- instime is the file timestamp in epoch time.
- When encoding reference data in an existing slab its timestamp is refreshed to the current date and time.
- This allows the evicter to remove the oldest and least used data first.
- Ideally, the local cache would hold 4-6 weeks of backups.