How to perform AltaVault AVA400 and AVA800 SAS cabling
- NetApp Cloud Backup (aka AltaVault)
- AltaVault AVA400 and AVA800 is comprised of a single 'head unit' and one or more shelves.
- Each 24-disk shelf holds one or two 12-disk raidgroups.
- These raidgroups are independent RAID 6 logical disks that are used together with round-robin loading to form the local cache.
- One of the raidgroups has extra partitions to hold the AVA operating system and the device will not be able to boot unless it is present.
- Shelves are shipped with a label indicating 'Shelf 1 of 3 for S/N <head unit serial>' on the shipping containers.
- If multiple systems are shipped together, the installer can identify what shelves belong to each AVA.
- This is only important for the shelf that contains the root raidgroup (OS partition).