ONTAP System Manager (OSM) 9.8
- Manage initiators and group them to hosts (=multiple initiators per host), then group multiple hosts to groups (=host or application clusters).
- A simple list of WWPNs and/or IQNs is not manageable in a scaled SAN environment.
- Storage admin would not know which WWPN belongs to which host/application.
- Assign aliases to WWPNs/IQNs as those are easier to manage.
- Add all WWPNs of a cluster (potentially dozens) into a single igroup
- Create an igroup per host or per initiator.
Please contact your NetApp or partner team for roadmap information.