OnCommand Unified Manager 5.x
- The purge tool can be used for OnCommand 4.x and 5.x up to 5.1.
- To purge OnCommand 5.2, create a Database backup of your OnCommand DB and restore it to the same OC 5.2 server. The upgrade operation cleans the DataFabric Manager server database by:
- Removing the storage objects that are marked-deleted in the database and the associated entries in the history tables.
- Removing events older than 180 days from the day of installation or upgrade, or as specified in the eventsPurgeInterval option.
- Cleaning the marked-deleted objects improves the performance of the DataFabric Manager server database.
- This article provides a link to installation and usage information for the DFM Purge Tool. OnCommand Unified Manager, formerly named DataFabric Manager (DFM) and Operations Manager, utilize an embedded Sybase Database. Objects in this database might be deleted by an administrator manually or by using 'dfmmonitor' during the normal monitoring process. These objects are not purged from the Sybase Database and can lead to larger-than-desired database filesystem sizes.
- The DFM purge tool can perform the following:
- Provide a report of mark-deleted objects eligible to be purged (permanently Knowledgebase deleted) from the Sybase Database
- Purge mark-deleted objects from the Sybase Database
- Provide a progress monitor while the utility process is running
Use of this tool to run the report requires no downtime. Use of this tool to purge mark-deleted objects will require an OnCommand Unified Manager service outage.