- OnCommand Insight (OCI) 7.3.x
- OnCommand Insight Remote Acquisition Unit (RAU) 7.3.x
When attempting to re-key the password encryption for OCI or RAU data sources,the RAU re-key procedure fails with error:
This issue occurs on systems that have had data sources migrated from one RAU or OCI server to another RAU or OCI server.
It occurs because:
- Each RAU and OCI server has its own password encryption key.
- When a datasource is migrated to a new RAU or OCI server, it retains the original encryption key.
- When the re-key is attempted, the re-key fails because the key with which the datasource is encrypted does not match the RAU or OCI server encryption key.
- Navigate to the datasources page: Admin -> Data Sources
- Locate a datasource that was migrated to the server
- Edit the datasource by right-clicking and selecting Edit, or by clicking the pencil and paper icon on the right.
- Update the password for the datasource under the Configuration section.
- Save the datasource.
- If more than one datasource is migrated, repeat the process for each migrated datasource.
- Rerun the securityadmin tool to update the encryption keys.
If there are too many migrated datasources to update the passwords individually, contact NetApp Technical Support for assistance.