- All Virtual Machines
- OnCommand Unified Manager Core Package 5.X ( DFM )
- OnCommnand Unified Manager 7.x ( UM )
- OnCommnand Unified Manager 9.4 ( UM )
- OnCommnand Unified Manager 9.5 ( UM )
- Active IQ Unified Manager 9.6+ ( AQIUM )
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019
- Red Hat 6.x
- Red Hat 7.x
- CentOS 7.x
- VMware Virtual Machine OVA
Observational Issues on Virtual Machine:
- Unified Manager application is running slow.
- Unified Manager application CPU and/or memory utilization are extremely high. Swap/pagefile is in use.
- Unified Manager application experiences inconsistent behavior:
- Services hanging.
- Services restarting.
- Occasional issues with alert notifications.
- Inventory / performance acquisition polls may not complete within their normal 15 minute / 5 minute cycles.
- Other abnormal (unexplainable) inconsistent behavior when running in a virtual environment.
Observational Issues on the VMware ESXi Server:
- Memory Ballooning
- Transparent page sharing (disabled by default in ESXi 5.5 and above, but on by default in previous versions)
Any of the above memory management processes can (and usually do) have adverse effects to databases. Even if you are not experiencing ballooning or swapping, TPS or compression is likely to occur in the pool of memory that the application has available to it.
Observational Issues in Unified Manager Logs:
- MySQL error log:
2020-04-12T04:02:10.036849Z 205 [Note] Aborted connection 205 to db: 'unconnected' user: 'jboss' host: 'localhost' (Failed on my_net_write())
2020-04-12T08:50:42.808598Z 450 [Note] Got timeout reading communication packets
- The server_mega.log:
2020-04-12 06:11:01,221 ERROR [default task-4] c.n.s.s.a.OriginatorUpdateServlet (OriginatorUpdateServlet.java:82) - Transaction rolled back: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: Transaction rolled back