Is it possible to activate Microsoft MFA for the Global Admin Service User?
- Last Updated:
- SaaS Backup for Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Office 365
- By adding additional service accounts you can enable multi-factor authorization (MFA) on this account.
- This is generally also possible to activate the Microsoft MFA also for the Global Admin Service Account.
- There are no specific steps from SaaS Backup to follow. Follow up the instructions given by Microsoft
- It is recommended to activate the MFA during a period where no sync job or backup job is running.
- If the MFA is activated while a job is running it will cause the job to fail
- This will be corrected after the same job is running the next scheduled time. It will also backup the missing data in the failed job.