- Openstack (observed with multiple versions...from Stein to Train)
- Cinder driver
When filtering available pools using the 'netapp_pool_name_search_pattern' configuration option in cinder.conf:
- You're limited on what you can actually use as it doesn't seem that regex pattern matching works.
- Openstack documentation indicates that regular expressions are supported.
- Testing shows that the 'netapp_pool_name_search_pattern' configuration option works when you specify the exact 'pool_name' as reported by
cinder get-pools --detail.
For example, say you have three Cinder pools with the following names:
If you configure 'netapp_pool_name_search_pattern' as follows, filtering works as expected:
- netapp_pool_name_search_pattern=(openstack_iscsi_backing_01|openstack_iscsi_backing_02| openstack_iscsi_backing_03)
When configuring 'netapp_pool_name_search_pattern' using regex pattern matching, filtering does not work. For example, the following does not work: