- Cloud Volumes ONTAP
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- The 100% CPU utilization as viewed from AWS is expected.
- In virtual environments, ONTAP keeps the vCPUs in an always-ready state to improve the performance of the system.
- ONTAP does not perform the halt CPU instruction when idle and this makes the idle thread appear to be hot on a vCPU.
- From the AWS perspective, this will be viewed as 100% CPU utilization.
- In comparison, you can see the actual CPU utilization from the ONTAP perspective via the sysstat (or statistics show) command from the ONTAP CLI.