- NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP (CVO)
- NetApp Cloud Manager
- All Cloud Service Providers
- CVOs should be kept up to date on the latest version at all times.
- Cloud Manager will notify the admin if a new version is available.
- This best practice is in place to ensure proper integration within the Cloud Service Providers environment by keeping up with constant changes and new requirements.
- Failing to comply with this can potentially impact system uptime.
- The only exceptions are remedial upgrades where there is a requirement to upgrade to a certain patch that is not offered by Cloud Manager (nor the subsequent versions where the bug/issue is fixed), or if upgrading via the upgrade notification is not possible due to some software issues.