- Cloud Volume ONTAP (CVO)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The following document describes the configuration choices available when building a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud operating environment and their impact on the deployment and configuration of Cloud Volumes ONTAPTM systems.
Amazon provides a series of guidelines around the deployment and configuration of VPCs. Reference configurations are documented online and linked to within the document below, explaining the various available options for AWS network isolation. The document will discuss the various configurations and their impact on Cloud Volumes ONTAP network connectivity in terms of outbound Internet communication to the AWS APIs, direct communication between the Cloud Manager system and Cloud Volumes ONTAP system, as well as the Data ONTAP AutoSupport feature.
The following key topics are covered in the document:
- AWS IAM user and group prerequisites
- Identification of VPC configuration choices
- Deployment and configuration of Cloud Volumes ONTAP and Cloud Manager into environments
- Cloud Volumes ONTAP network connectivity verification procedures