Cloud Volumes ONTAP (CVO)
- Create a new, smaller aggregate
- Disable auto capacity management
- Make sure that the correct tiering policy is assigned:
- “All” or “Auto” tiering policies should make use of the capacity tier and free up space in the performance tier
- The default “minimum cooling days” for these policies is high, so you will need to set it to 2 days if you want to see any results sooner
Understanding FabricPool tiering policies
- Move the volume
Considerations and recommendations when moving volumes
- Delete the old aggregate from Cloud Manager which will also delete the disks in the backend
- It is not possible to shrink an aggregate.
- Therefore, if the aggregate is too large for your needs and you would like to use a smaller aggregate and reduce cost, this procedure explains how it can be done.