- ONTAP Cloud using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- AWS Key Management Service (KMS)
- Data At Rest Encryption
- AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS)
- AWS KMS encrypts the EBS volumes. The encryption occurs at the AWS level and not within ONTAP.
- To verify the EBS volumes are encypted use the AWS portal to view the volumes.
- To encrypt ONTAP volumes you must use NetApp Volume Encryption (NVE) with supported external KMIP servers. For more information see the Cloud Manager Security document.
- For information on encrypting volumes with NetApp Volume Encryption see the Encryption Power Guide.