- Cloud Volumes ONTAP (CVO)
- Cloud Tiering or Fabric Pool
- Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- AWS Simple Storage Service (S3)
- AWS S3 Glacier Deep Archive
- Cloud Tiering was designed as a high-performance tiering solution, so data must be continuously available and quickly accessible for retrieval.
- When you set up data tiering to AWS, Cloud Tiering automatically uses the Standard storage class for your inactive data. Cloud Tiering can apply a lifecycle rule so the data transitions from the Standard storage class to another storage class after a certain number of days. You can choose from the following storage classes:
One Zone-Infrequent Access
Intelligent-Tiering (where AWS automatically moves data between two tiers — Frequent Access and Infrequent Access - when access patterns change)
Glacier Instant Retrieval
- If you do not choose another storage class, then the data remains in the Standard storage class and no rules are applied.
- When you configure a Cloud Tiering lifecycle rule, you must not configure any lifecycle rules when setting up the bucket in your AWS account.